What to Look for in a Surgical Weight Loss Program
As you explore the possibility of surgical weight loss, you will want to consider the following:
- Surgeon—Is the surgeon an expert in all bariatric surgical procedures? Does the surgeon have extensive experience in the latest surgical techniques? Click on the left, Meet Our Surgeon and get to know Dr. Roslin
- Facility—Can the facility provide comprehensive care to meet all your surgical needs, should it become necessary-such as in a hospital setting? As a hospital-based program, we provide complete surgical care and incorporate all of the latest techniques, minimally invasive surgical procedures, and technologies to ensure patient medical needs are effectively met. Our staff is fully trained in bariatric medicine, the special needs of our bariatric patients, as well as related surgical services.
- Patient Education—Will their specialists spend time with you to determine whether surgery is appropriate, and if so, provide thorough information to help you decide which of all the procedures best fits your situation? Familiarize yourself with our steps to surgical weight loss.
- Integrated Health and Wellness—Will the program provide a team of experts in psychology, nutrition, fitness & exercise, to guide and evaluate your total health care? Is the program committed to a thorough evaluation of the whole person? Review our pre-surgery process.
- Support—Will you have a support group to help you maintain wellness after surgery? Will the program offer support to help you stick with your goals after surgery? Check out our support groups.