Steps to Bariatric Surgery
1. Attend one of our free weight loss seminars
In-person seminars are held once a month at Northern Westchester Hospital, and we have also made the presentation available online. While we prefer that you come for an In-Person Seminar so that we can address your questions and provide you with the opportunity to meet our bariatric surgeons, we understand that schedules may not allow. Whether you attend the seminar online or in-person, you will learn about the different minimally invasive laparoscopic bariatric surgeries offered at NWH, meet our surgeons Dr. Roslin and Dr. Messina, and find out if bariatric surgery - gastric bypass, gastric sleeve or another procedure - is right for you.
2. Consultation with the Surgeon
After attending a Surgical Weight Loss Seminar, you can meet with Dr. Roslin or Dr. Messina for a consultation.
For Dr. Roslin, please call 914.242.8350 and schedule an appointment at Northern Westchester Hospital, Mt. Kisco, NY.
For Dr. Messina, please call 914.864.4551 and schedule an appointment at CareMount Medical Center.
Prior to your consultation:
- Bring referrals and insurance co-payments to all of these appointments.
- Bring the completed forms: Registration Form, Notice of Privacy Practices Form and Patient Health History Questionnaire to your consultation appointment.
- Obtain insurance approval. Please call your insurance carrier and become familiar with the benefits and specific requirements for your approval.
3. Comprehensive Tests and Evaluations
These tests are conducted to ensure that your mind and body are in the best possible condition to withstand surgery and to anticipate any avoidable complications.
If you have any questions regarding the steps to bariatric surgery, please give us a call at 877.677.1077.
Read more about our comprehensive testing.